Saturday 15 December 2012

Songs from The vampire Diaires

We start playing holiday music in November, so it was a delight to see Vampire Diaries Season 4, Episode 9, “O Come All Ye Faithful” stuffed like stocking full of festive tunes. Of course, we’ll never hear “O Holy Night” quite the same way again. Tip o’ the Santa hat to the music man Chris Mollere.

Source: Chris Mollere’s Twitter
Song: Covering Your Tracks”
Artist: Amy Stroup
Music moment: Elena and Damon are in bed with all their clothes on.
Lyrics:
Sun's set I've waited for you all day I've waited for you all day My love So come quick I'm ready for you always
I'm ready for you always My love You Just you, just you, just you, just you Hear me out... Hear my feelings out loud I'm runnin' over love clouds To you Blue moon Is shining there for us now It's followin' us around The room
Buy it on Amazon

Song: Take You to the Mistletoe
Artist: The Kicks
Lyrics:
Don’t you know it’s cold outside, so I think you should come in close
Buy it on iTunes

Song: “O Holy Night”
Artist: Cary Brothers
Music moment: Tyler and Hayley talk, Klaus masacres
Lyrics:
o holy night the stars are brightly shining through the night of our dear savior's birth long lay the world in sin and error pining til he appeared and the soul felt it's worth the thrill of hope the weary world rejoices yonder breaks a new and glorious morn fall on your knees oh hear the angel voices oh night divine oh night that christ was born
Buy it on iTunes

Song: Christmas Wrapping
Artist: The Waitresses
Lyrics:
"Bah, humbug" no, that's too strong 'Cause it is my favorite holiday But all this year's been a busy blur Don't think I have the energy To add to my already mad rush Just 'cause it's 'tis the season The perfect gift for me would be Completions and connections left from Last year, ski shoppin' Encounter, most interesting Had his number but never the time Most of '81 passed along those lines So deck those halls, trim those trees Raise up cup's of Christmas cheer I just need to catch my breath Christmas by myself this year Calendar picture, frozen landscape Chilled this room for twenty-four days Evergreens, sparkling snow Get this winter over with Flashback to springtime, saw him again Would've been good to go for lunch Couldn't agree when we were both free We tried, we said we'd keep in touch Didn't, of course, 'til summertime Out to the beach to his boat could I join him?No, this time it was me Sunburn in the third degree Now the calendar's just one page And, of course, I am excited Tonight's the night, but I've set my mind Not to do too much about it Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas But I think, I'll miss this one this year
Buy it on iTunes

Song: “Christmas Song”
Artist: Ravonettes
Music moment: Tyler’s mom is worried about him not graduating from high school
Lyrics:
All the lights are coming on now / How i wish that it would snow now/ i don’t feel like going home now / I wish that I could stay / All the trees are on display now / and its cold now / I don’t feel like going home now / I wish that i could stay / I wish that I could walk
/ I wish that i could walk/ you home
Buy it on iTunes

Song:Christmas Treat
Artist: Julian Casablancas
Get it on Amazon

Song:Jingle Bells”
Artist: Sugar & The Hi Lows
Music moment: Klaus and Stefan talk about killing people
Lyrics:
Dashing through the snow In a one horse open sleigh O'er the fields we go Laughing all the way Bells on bobtails ring Making spirits bright What fun it is to laugh and sing A sleighing song tonight
Get it on Amazon

Song: “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
Artist: Digital Daggers
Music moment: Klaus talks to Carol Lockwood
Lyrics:
Have yourself a merry little christmas / Let your heart be light / Next year all our troubles will be / Out of sight  / Have yourself a merry little christmas / Make the yuletide gay / Next year all our troubles will be / Miles away / Once again as in olden days / Happy golden days of yore / Faithful friends who are dear to us / Will be near to us once more Someday soon, we all will be together / If the fates allow / Until then, well have to muddle through somehow / So have yourself a merry little christmas now.

Buy it on iTunes
Song: “Oblivion”
Artist: Bastille
Music moments: Elena kisses Damon, Bonnie and Jeremy say goodbye
Lyrics:
When you fall asleep with your head upon my shoulder when you’re in my arms you’ve gone somewhere are you going to age me leave a part to trace are you going to age me grace or only to wake and hide your face oblivion is calling out your name you always take it farther than I ever come when you play it hard and I try to follow you there it’s not about control but I turn back when I see where you go are you going to age me grace are you going to leave a path to trace when oblivion is calling out your name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Jayiskiah23